- Glass Blender (or a blender that can take heat)
- Knife/ cutting board
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced.
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped.
- 2.5 cups of water (or chicken stock)
- 4 chicken drumsticks with skin (don't need if you have chicken stock)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped.
- 1 medium stock of Chinese Cabbage, chopped
- 2 tsp of powdered chicken seasoning
- 1 small cube of garlic/onion bouillon (use some garlic and onion powder in place if you don't have)
- 1 cup of chopped spinach (about 2 cups whole)
What to do:
- Add the water (or chicken stock), drumsticks (omit if using stock), celery, onion, garlic, Chinese Cabbage, chicken seasoning and bouillon cube (crush it) into the pot. Let it boil for about 20-30mins.
- If you used chicken, remove the drumsticks and place into a bowl on the side (if you wish to eat them with this meal, continue cooking them until done - bake, microwave...however)
- Add the spinach into the pot and continue to let the mixture boil for 5-10mins.
- Remove the soup from heat and pour into a heat-proof blender. Gently pulse the soup until the mixture blends and liquify's (DON'T BLEND TO FAST: The lid may pop off and you may burn your hands like someone else I know....*shifts eyes*)
- Pour the soup into bowls and serve with some grated cheese on top if desired.